Secrets
His human parents named him Clark Kent. His biological parents on the planet Krypton named him Kal-El. To us, he is widely known as Superman. To me, a hero. I have read and watched a lot of Superman in my lifetime to realize how much of a true hero he can be.
There are times when he has to protect a secret from those that he cares about, especially his loved ones. This burden alone is one of the defining characteristics that I admire the most. Revealing the secret would be consequential and the outcome uncertain. Hope may be one of his greatest strengths but it may also be his greatest weakness.
The first step is admitting. I, too, have a secret. I've kept it buried for a long time now and it's spreading like cancer. No, it's not that I have superhuman abilities like Kal-El. I keep it to myself to keep the one that I love happy. I just wish I had the strength and stamina like he has.
There are times when he has to protect a secret from those that he cares about, especially his loved ones. This burden alone is one of the defining characteristics that I admire the most. Revealing the secret would be consequential and the outcome uncertain. Hope may be one of his greatest strengths but it may also be his greatest weakness.
The first step is admitting. I, too, have a secret. I've kept it buried for a long time now and it's spreading like cancer. No, it's not that I have superhuman abilities like Kal-El. I keep it to myself to keep the one that I love happy. I just wish I had the strength and stamina like he has.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home